Saturday, August 1, 2009

11.5 More Things: Thing 3-Skype

I love Skype. I was introduced to it almost a year ago and use it often. This past January while I was in Doha, Qatar for the inaugural Flat Classroom conference, I utilized Skype to stay in touch with family and colleagues back home.

I want to utilize Skype to bring experts into my classes this year. Perhaps Jeremiah Owyang for marketing, or Jeff Utect for educational technology, or...well, I could go on, but you get the point...With tools like Skype, it makes it much easier to connect my students with all kinds of experts...thus enriching their learning experience and creating both rigor and relevance in my curriculum.

It would also be great Skype home-bound students into my class. I could even utilize the tool to Skype in students that have been assigned to the alternative learning campus.

If you're on Skype...look me up! Estie03

No comments:

Post a Comment