Thursday, August 18, 2011

What? No Way! It's Been That Long?

Waaaaaaaay back in the year 2001 (haha), I went through a metamorphisis; I became a teacher. I left the corporate rat race because I wanted to make a difference. Still, it's hard to believe that I am beginning my 10th year in teaching. Where has the time gone?

As I reflect over the past nine years, I realize that I've "grown." I have a thirst for knowledge and that thirst keeps me learning, and pushing, and driving for new and creative ways to teach my students. I've always embraced project-based learning, but rather than create on paper, I now utilize Web2.0 tools and Flat Classroom style techniques to open students to a whole new world of possibilities. My goal? I want my students will become productive citizens as they finish their high school careers and begin writing new chapters in their book of life.

I have the priviledge of "keeping up" with a number of my former students on Facebook. It's exciting to see the paths they choose--

I'm energized to begin this school year...and...I wonder what the next ten years will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment