Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Wonders of Nature

This weekend while cleaning the house, I came across an incredible phenomenon--a beautiful spiral attached to the outside of one of the upstairs windows. They appear to be some type of egg. What is truly remarkable is the the oval part you see here is elevated from the window--attached to the window only by the 'thread' attached to them. My husband did a little research on the Internet; says he thinks these are the eggs of a 'black fly.' I'm not sure though--I know that there are awesome science teachers out there than will know what these are...

Please leave me a comment or two if you know...I'd like to know. Better yet, snag these pics and post them around, if you don't know. Just be sure to send the knowledge base here so that I can learn!

The more I look at these pictures, the more I am awestruck by the beauty and wonder of nature...the symmetry, the cycles, the ebbs and flows-they are all marvelous and beautiful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment