Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Mobile 'Twitterventure'

This past summer I took the plunge and upgraded my mobile phone...I purchased a Blackberry Curve. I love this phone. I can manage both my work and home email accounts, store a plethora of contact information, browse Facebook... ... ... the list goes on... ... ...

What I want is a Twitter application for my Blackberry. You'd think this would be a simple request, right? I know that I can pull up Twitter via my mobile browser, but, well, I'm spoiled. I want an application, darn it!

The Twitter Fan Wiki has a page devoted to Mobile Apps. There's a laundry list there of mobile apps. So far I've tried Quakk, Twitter2Go, Shozu (boy that was a disaster), and Blackbird. The only one that works at all (on my phone) is Blackbird. It's a nice interface, but it doesn't show me updates automatically. With Facebook, I get notices when there are updates, but not with the Blackbird. I guess I shouldn't complain, maybe there isn't a mobile application out there to do what I want it to do.

Ummm...if you know of one, would you let me know? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment