Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Get It? Got It! Good!!

I love the Internet. I love Web2.0. I love the opportunity to connect with other people, in other places. Most of all I love learning from people (who are obviously smarter than the average bear).

Strolling through my Google Reader this evening I came accross a post on Doug Johnson's "Blue Skunk Blog." In his latest post, he references a post from Seth Godin's blog regarding the "Get To vs. The Have To."

Great stuff. Read my response on Doug's blog...and yes...it's REALLY how I 'feel' about teaching!

Response posted here for your reading pleasure:

OMG...I love this post! Let's see...I 'get to' teach kiddos (well, they're high school, but still kiddo in my book). I get to learn new technologies that I in turn get to teach the kiddos. I get to sponsor a Junior Achievement Company Program that prepares students for both college and career (The kiddos in this extracurricular activity are just incredible...). I get to teach Sports Marketing...well...it' just rocks! I get to teach
computer applications and other tekkie stuff...

I get to do a lot of 'things' as a high school teacher that I NEVER got to do when I was in business/industry. I get to make a difference in the lives of young people...my [rayer is that the difference I make is a positive one and prepares them adequately for a VERY compeititve marketplace.

Probably the only thing I HAVE to do is a bunch of seemingly needless paperwork. So, if I won the lottery, I would teach for free and hire someone to do the 'seemingly needless paperwork' for me so I could continue to do the 'get to' stuff.

Thanks for a great post!!
September 30, 2008 Estie Cuellar

No comments:

Post a Comment