Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing #8 - RSS Feeds and Readers

Okay...I stayed up way too late last night organizing my Google Reader. Talk about addictive!!! This is great!

Here are my thoughts about RSS Feeds and Readers:
1. Awesome! I've been seeing the little orange icon for some time now, but hadn't taken the time to find out about RSS...Now, the news and blog updates will come to me! That's very cool...

2. How can I use this technology in my classroom? I will be teaching a new section this year that revolves around business/entrepreneurship. I can have my students set up a reader that will include information on writing business plans, organizing financials, marketing basics, etc. With the District firewall, I don't know if we'll be able to include blogs, but they can still utilize the Reader to help them with information and research.

3. I'm not that familiar with the library angle of things, but I would assume that librarians could use RSS Feeds and Readers to help students with research and obtaining scholarly information on authors, subjects, etc.

4. I set up a public page. I will continue to monitor and share relevant information with others as I obtain it...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read that you have found a use for Google Reader with you new class. It will be interesting to see how this evolves throughout the school year.

    ReplyDelete